- Rear View Camera
- Headlights Wiper Activated
- Driver Seat Power Adjustments: Recline
- Inside Rearview Mirror Auto-Dimming
- Passenger Seat Power Adjustments: Recline
- Air Conditioning - Front - Dual Zones
- Passenger Seat Heated
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Memorized Settings Includes Exterior Mirrors
- Sync - Satellite Communications
- Seats Leather Upholstery
- Passenger Seat Power Adjustments: 10
- Driver Seat Adjustable Lumbar Support: Power
- Security Anti-Theft Alarm System
- Parking Sensors Rear
- Audio - Premium Brand: Sony
- Exterior Entry Lights Puddle Lamps
- Keyless Entry Keypad
- Phone Wireless Data Link Bluetooth
- Driver Seat Heated
- Exterior Mirrors Heated
- Driver Seat Power Adjustments: 10
- Rear View Monitor in Dash
- Memorized Settings Includes Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat Adjustable Lumbar Support: Power
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Voice Recognition Controls
- Mirror Color Body-Color
- Real Time Traffic
- Vanity Mirrors Dual Illuminating
- Memorized Settings Number Of Drivers: 2
- Rear Seats Center Armrest: With Cupholders
- Air Conditioning - Front - Automatic Climate Control
- Rear Seats Reclining
- Rear Seats Rear Heat: Vents
- Electronic Messaging Assistance With Read Function
- Traction Control
- Windows Rear Wiper With Washer
The biggest change to the Lincoln MKX is the newly available 2.7L twin-turbocharged V6. While the 3.7L V6 from last year is still available, the new, smaller, turbocharged unit is more powerful, making 330 hp. And while that's only a 30-hp increase over the bigger 3.7L engine, the new turbocharged unit makes much more torque, resulting in an engine that feels significantly more muscular, particularly in the midrange. Both engines are mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission that sends power to either the front, or to all four wheels.
The Lincoln MKX is only available in four basic trims. Both front-wheel and all-wheel drive models can each be matched with either the 3.7L V6 or a 2.7L turbocharged V6. The Lincoln MKX can be loaded up with all sorts of interesting and innovative optional features as either part of an equipment group or a la carte.
Standard features on the Lincoln MKX are numerous as well of course. Standard equipment includes dual-zone climate control, cruise and audio controls mounted on a leather wrapped steering wheel, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, soft touch seating surfaces, heated front seats, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, a 10 speaker sound system with a subwoofer, SiriusXM satellite radio, push button start, 18-inch wheels and Ford's SYNC system.
A Select equipment group adds LED daytime running lights, power folding side mirrors, leather seating surfaces and a hands free powered liftgate. The Reserve equipment group upgrades further with a huge powered moonroof, 20-inch painted wheels, a navigation system, heated and cooled front seats, adaptive headlamps and an in-car modem.
Other equipment packages include a drivers assistance package with adaptive cruise control and a lane departure warning system, a luxury package with a 19-speaker stereo and LED headlights and a technology package with parking sensors, a 360-degree camera and park assist.
Standalone options on the Lincoln MKX are also quite extensive and allow buyers a high degree of customization for their vehicle. A 22-way power adjustable driver's seat should allow for nearly infinite adjustability and be comfortable for a multitude of body types. A headrest mounted DVD system and heated rear seats are available and should please rear seat occupants, while a heated steering wheel and the previously mentioned 19-speaker stereo are also available as standalone options.
The Lincoln MKX returns for 2016 with fresh, sculpted styling, an improved chassis and a brand new turbocharged engine. The luxurious crossover has been given a complete redesign, making it better than ever at moving people around in comfort. With a quieter cabin and a new Revel-powered premium sound system, the Lincoln MKX should be faster, more comfortable, smoother and more efficient than ever before.