- Power Windows
- Power Door Locks
- Tail and Brake Lights Rear Center Brakelight
- Seats Front Seat Type: Bucket
- Warnings and Reminders Low Fuel Level
- Air Conditioning - Front
- Suspension Rear Coil Springs
- Rear Bumper Color Body-Color
- Seatbelts Rear Center Seatbelt: 3-Point
- Windows Tinted
- Air Conditioning - Front - Single Zone
- Front Headrests Adjustable
- Child Seat Anchors Latch System
- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Suspension Front Arm Type: Lower Control Arms
- Vanity Mirrors Dual
- Seats Cloth Upholstery
- Impact Absorbing Bumpers
- Reading Lights Front
- Child Safety Locks
- Airbags - Front - Side
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Power Outlet(s) Two 12V
- Airbags - Rear - Side Curtain
- Security Anti-Theft Alarm System
- Multi-Function Remote Trunk Release
- Exterior Mirrors Power
- Suspension Rear Gas Shock Absorbers
- Suspension Front Spring Type: Coil Springs
- Mirror Color Black
- Suspension Front Shock Type: Gas Shock Absorbers
- Multi-Function Remote Keyless Entry
- Windows Rear Defogger
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Front
- Center Console Front Console With Armrest and Storage
- Driver Seat Manual Adjustments: 4
- Windows Front Wipers: Intermittent
- Rear Seats 60-40 Split Bench
- Airbags - Front - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Pretensioners: Front
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments: 2
- Body Side Reinforcements Side Impact Door Beams
- Front Suspension Type: Macpherson Struts
- Traction Control
- Stability Control
- Security Engine Immobilizer
All Focus models come with a 2.0-liter 'Duratec' in-line four-cylinder engine. In most models, the engine makes 140 horsepower, but coupes with the manual transmission get a boost to 143 hp. A five-speed manual transmission is standard on both models and a four-speed automatic available. With the standard five-speed manual, the Focus has EPA highway fuel economy ratings of 35 mpg highway.
With the Focus's facelift last year it also received some significant improvements to ride and refinement, plus a vastly improved interior. All Focus coupes now get standard fog lamps, along with redesigned front and rear fascias, plus darkened chrome accents around the grille and headlamps. The attractive new interior is finished with a matte-metallic look, front seats are better than those in many other small cars, and back seat space is even adequate in two-door models though access is difficult.
The Focus ramps up its safety feature list for 2009, with electronic stability control available for the first time, as an option on all models. Front thorax side airbags and full-length side curtain bags are standard, but anti-lock brakes remain optional.
The Focus sedan comes in base S and SE, sporty SES and luxurious SEL trims, while the coupe comes only in SE and SES trims. SES coupe models get a sport-tuned exhaust and stiffer suspension tuning, and 17-inch wheels are available. The new SEL model brings a dressed-up appearance with 16-inch 'Euroflanged' wheels, chrome door handles, chromed heated mirrors, and heated leather seats.
The base S sedan is a relative bargain, and air conditioning, tilt steering, and a CD sound system are all standard. At the top of the range, the SEL can be optioned with a power moonroof, Audiophile sound system with subwoofer and remote start. Sync, a feature integrated with the sound system, allowing voice-activated hands-free calling, along with voice-activated control over portable music devices like iPods or PDAs, is standard on the Focus SEL and available on the other models.
The Focus, which was given a facelift for 2008, gets some further significant changes for 2009, with new front and rear fascias for the coupe. SES coupes get a new roof-line spoiler and standard 17-inch aluminum wheels. Performance is increased through the model line for coupes; models with manual transmission get a boost in power, while those with automatic transmission get a lower final-drive ratio.
Focus sedans come in a new top-of-the-line SEL model, with special alloy wheels and chrome trim, along with increased feature content, and the sporty SES sedan gains revised suspension tuning and larger 17-inch wheels.
Electronic stability control is newly available as an option throughout the Focus line for 2009.