- 1LT interior trim seats only in interior color selected
- Active handling stability control improves traction and enhances vehicle stability
- Air bags frontal and side-impact driver and front passenger with Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and the correct child restraint for your child's age and size even with air bags. See the Owner's Manual or more safety information.)
- Air conditioning dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and dedicated passenger controls and outside temperature display
- Air filtration system with pollen filter
- Antenna integral hidden
- Audio system Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 8' diagonal color touch-screen AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones voice-activated technology for radio and phone featuring Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phone
- Audio system feature Bose premium 9-speaker system
- Brakes 4-wheel antilock 4-wheel disc
- Calipers Dark Gray Metallic-painted
- Chrome Badge Package
- Console floor 2 covered cup holders auxiliary power outlet USB ports auxiliary input jack and storage
- Cruise control electronic with set and resume speed
- Defogger rear-window electric
- Door locks power programmable with lockout protection
- Driver Information Center color
- Engine 6.2L (376 ci) V8 DI (455 hp [339.3 kW] @ 6000 rpm 460 lb-ft of torque [621.0 N-m] @ 4600 rpm)
- Engine access rear-opening hood
- Exhaust aluminized stainless-steel with 3' polished stainless-steel tips
- Floor mats carpeted
- Frame aluminum structure
- Glass Solar-Ray light-tinted
- Hatch release push button open
- Headlamps high intensity discharge (HID) Xenon LED park and turn signals and Daytime Running Lamps
- Keyless Access with push button start and 2 remote transmitters that enable automatic door unlock and open by touching door switch
- Lighting interior with courtesy cargo and glovebox
- Mirrors outside heated power-adjustable body-color
- Oil life monitoring system
- OnStar Basic Plan for 5 years including limited RemoteLink mobile app services Advanced Diagnostics and Dealer Maintenance Notification (Basic Plan available for 5 years from the date of vehicle delivery and is transferable. Does not include Emergency Security or Navigation services.)
- OnStar Guidance plan for 6 months including Automatic Crash Response Stolen Vehicle Assistance Roadside Assistance Turn-by-Turn Navigation Advanced Diagnostics and more (trial excludes Hands-Free Calling) (Service not available with a ship-to of Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands. Visit www.onstar.com for coverage map details and system limitations. Services may vary by model and conditions.)
- OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds includes 3GB or 3 months OnStar Data Trial (whichever comes first) (Available 4G LTE Wi-Fi requires compatible mobile device active OnStar subscription and data plan after trial.)
- Perforated Mulan leather seating surfaces
- Rear Vision Camera
- Rear axle 3.42 ratio limited slip
- Rear wheel drive
- Roof panel carbon fiber painted body-color removable
- Seat adjusters driver and passenger 8-way
- Seats GT bucket
- Steering column power tilt and telescopic
- Steering power speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion variable ratio
- Steering wheel 3-spoke leather-wrapped flat-bottom
- Steering wheel controls audio voice recognition and Driver Information Center
- Storage with electric locking glovebox behind screen storage center console and rear compartment with cover
- Suspension 4-wheel independent
- Theft-deterrent system vehicle push button start immobilizer and audible visual alarm
- Tires P245/40ZR18 front and P285/35ZR19 rear performance summer-only run flat (Do not use summer only tires in winter conditions as it would adversely affect vehicle safety performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle's performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information see your dealer for a copy of the vehicle's owner's manual.)
- Traction control all-speed
- Transmission 7-speed manual with Active Rev Matching
- Visors driver and passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- Wheels Silver-painted aluminum 18' x 8.5' (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 19' x 10.0 ' (48.3 cm x 25.4 cm) rear
- Windows power with driver and passenger Express-Down/Up
- Wipers front intermittent
Now in its seventh generation, the rear-wheel-drive 2016 Chevrolet Corvette continues to push the envelope for what is possible from an affordable, efficient, made-in-America sports car.
Styling is excellent and sharp, with purposeful lines that give the car a slippery .29 drag coefficient. Body materials include a carbon fiber hood and roof panel, while the doors, fenders, quarter panels and rear hatch all benefit from lighter density sheet molding over the previous car. On convertibles, the power convertible top is operable at speeds up to 30 mph. The Corvette features an aluminum space frame that is 99 pounds lighter than its predecessor yet 57% stiffer, while a carbon nano-composite floorpan replaces the heavier balsa sandwich construction of the previous generation.
Inside, the Corvette boasts a cockpit that puts it on par with some of Europe's best. The driving position is near perfect, and the seats are vastly improved over previous generations, with increased comfort and better support for hard driving. An 8-inch touchscreen dominates the center console, while soft-touch materials are abundant. Finally, the car offers 15 cubic-feet of cargo room under the rear hatch -- enough to hold luggage, golf clubs, or all the money saved by not buying a Porsche 911.
The heart of the Corvette, is of course, its powerplant. The 6.2L delivers 455 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. It is coupled to a standard 7-speed manual transmission that features Active Rev Matching, which blips the throttle during up- and down-shifts, eliminating the need for heel-and-toeing by the driver during braking. The combination is good enough to propel the Corvette from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.0 seconds, while also returning 17 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway. An 8-speed automatic with paddle shifters is optional, as is a performance exhaust, which increases output to 460 horses.
Coupes and convertibles both come in standard models and high-performance Z51 guise, which allows for a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds. The Z51 Performance Package adds larger wheels (19-inch front, 20-inch rear vs. 18/19- inch) with Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP summer-only tires, a dry sump oil system, electronic limited slip differential, larger front brakes (13.6-inch vs. 12.6-inch) with slotted rotors, performance gear ratios, special suspension components, differential and transmission cooling and an aerodynamic package to reduce lift and improve high-speed stability. Chevy's trick Magnetic Selective Ride Control is optional across the model line.
The 1LT, or base trim, offers a 9-speaker Bose audio system, rear vision camera, keyless access with push-button start, power tilt/telescopic steering column, 8-way power leather seats, two 8-inch HD color displays, and a Driver Mode Selector, which allows drivers to customize the driving experience by selecting one of five distinct modes -- Weather, Eco, Tour, Sport and Track. Each mode adjusts steering, throttle, traction and more.
2LT-specced Corvettes get heated and ventilated seats with Corvette emblems, an upgraded Bose sound system, auto-dimming mirrors, Chevy's color Head-Up Display and SiriusXM satellite radio with a one-year subscription. Finally, 3LT Corvettes offer all of the above plus a custom leather-wrapped interior with Napa leather seating, navigation and color-matched instrumentation to the interior.
The Z06 package adds a supercharger to the big V8, resulting 640 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque. Chevrolet claims that 0-60 runs are achievable in less than 3 seconds in the Z06. Available as either a coupe or a convertible and with either an automatic or a manual transmission, the Z06 has the necessary performance to rival just about any vehicle on the road. The Z06 C7.R Edition for 2016 includes the Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes, carbon fiber ground effects, a suede competition sport seat, steering wheel and shifter and more. The package is available in either black or Corvette Racing Yellow.
Standard safety features in all Corvette Stingrays include stability and traction controls, a rearview camera, driver and passenger front and side airbags and a 6-month subscription to OnStar.
For 2016, the Chevrolet Corvette sees several small changes. Apple CarPlay smartphone integration is standard, as is a flat-bottom steering wheel, while Magnetic Ride Control is available on all Corvette trims. Parking cameras are available on top trims. Finally, a C7.R Special Edition, available in either coupe or convertible guise, offers the Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes, carbon fiber ground effects, a suede competition sport seat, steering wheel and shifter and more. The package is available in either black or Corvette Racing Yellow.