- ABS Brakes (4-Wheel)
- Adjustable Rear Headrests
- Airbags - Front - Dual
- Airbags - Front - Side
- Airbags - Front - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Passenger - Occupant Sensing Deactivation
- Airbags - Rear - Side Curtain
- Airbags - Side-Curtain Rollover Sensor
- Assist Handle Front
- Assist Handle Rear
- Audio - Antenna: Mast
- Audio - Radio: AM/FM
- Audio Auxiliary Input: Jack
- Body Side Reinforcements Side Impact Door Beams
- Braking Assist
- Braking Assist Hill Start Assist
- Capless Fuel Filler System
- Child Safety Locks
- Child Seat Anchors Latch System
- Crumple Zones Front
- Daytime Running Lights
- Digital Odometer
- Drivetrain Drive Mode Selector
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Energy Absorbing Steering Column
- External Temperature Display
- Front 12V Power Outlet(s)
- Front Brakes Ventilated Disc
- Front Headrests Adjustable
- Front Seatbelts: 3-Point
- Front Suspension Classification: Independent
- Front Suspension Type: Double Wishbones
- Front Suspension Type: Strut
- Headlights Auto Delay Off
- Headlights Dusk Sensing
- Headlights Wiper Activated
- Impact Sensor Post-Collision Safety System
- Number Of Rear Headrests 3
- Pickup Bed Type Styleside
- Power Brakes
- Power Steering
- Rear Brakes Ventilated Disc
- Rear Seats 60-40 Split Bench
- Rear Seats Folds Up
- Rear Seats Split Folding
- Roll Stability Control
- Seatbelts Emergency Locking Retractors: Front
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Force Limiters: Front
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Pretensioners: Front
- Seatbelts Seatbelt Warning Sensor: Driver and Passenger
- Seatbelts Second Row 3-Point
- Security Engine Immobilizer
- Spare Tire Fullsize Non-Matching Size
- Stability Control
- Storage Door Pockets
- Suspension Front Shock Type: Gas Shock Absorbers
- Suspension Front Spring Type: Coil Springs
- Suspension Rear Gas Shock Absorbers
- Suspension Rear Leaf Springs
- Suspension Stabilizer Bar(s): Front
- Tailgate Removable
- Towing and Hauling Cargo Tie Downs
- Towing and Hauling Trailer Wiring: 4-Pin
- Traction Control With Trailer Stability Assist
- Transmission Temperature Gauge
- Transmission Tow/Haul Mode
- Warnings and Reminders Low Fuel Level
- Warnings and Reminders Low Oil Level
- Warnings and Reminders Maintenance Reminder
- Windows Front Wipers: Intermittent
The 2017 F-150 has to be many things to many people. From work truck to cruiser, off-road vehicle to boat hauler, there is an F-150 for virtually every task. As a result, the lineup is diverse. There are four engines available on the F-150, six trims, and several body options.
The most basic engine is a 3.5L V6, which produces 283 horsepower and 255 pound-feet of torque, allowing for a tow rating of 7,600 pounds, which bests other competitors when equipped with their basic V6 engines. The next step up is a 2.7L turbocharged V6 that makes 325 horsepower and 355 pound-feet of torque. A bigger 3.5L turbocharged V6 makes 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque, helping the F-150 rate a class-leading towing spec of 12,200 pounds. The top-of-the-line 5.0L V8 makes 385 horsepower.
Trims include XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited. The basic XL trim is available with three different cab sizes and three different bed lengths in either 2WD or 4WD configurations. Owing to its work-truck pretensions, the XL is relatively light on bells and whistles, with just basic utilities like an AM/FM radio and a 4.2-inch screen in the center stack.
The XLT, while still relatively basic, adds chrome bumpers, Ford's SYNC 3 system, fog lamps, an alarm, air conditioning, automatic headlamps, cruise control, keyless entry, power windows, a powered tailgate and power door locks.
Lariat-trimmed F-150s start to venture into more luxurious territory and are only available with extended or crew cab cabins. Standard equipment on the Lariat includes power folding door mirrors, a rearview camera, 18-inch wheels, ambient interior lighting, steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, a power sliding rear window, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather-trimmed seats, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, SiriusXM satellite radio and an 8-inch touchscreen.
King Ranch versions come standard with the 5.0L V8 engine, a crew cab cabin and 2-tone exterior paint. Other features on the King Ranch include LED box lighting, LED headlamps, lots of exterior chrome, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals and an auto-dimming feature on the driver's side, a remote starter, heated front and rear seats, wood interior trim and dual zone climate control.
The Platinum version is the urban cousin to the King Ranch trim. Like the King Ranch, it's only available with a crew cab and the 5.0L V8. It also features a voice-activated navigation system, unique 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, LED side mirror spotlights, power deployable running boards, aluminum interior trim and a leather wrapped and heated steering wheel.
Finally, the Limited trim rides on 22-inch wheels and makes standard a whole range of convenience items that are optional on lesser trims. These include a 360-degree camera with split-view display, remote tailgate release, a twin-panel moonroof, and more.
Special Edition packages available on XLT and Lariat trims add appearance items such as unique 20-inch wheels with red sport lettering, black running boards, smoked headlamps, and exterior graphics, while the interiors benefit from special seats with Alcantara inserts and red contrast stitching throughout.
The biggest changes to the F-150 for 2017 come from an improved drivetrain. The 3.5L 'EcoBoost' engine gets a small bump in power for this year as well as a big jump in torque. Meanwhile both rear wheel drive and 4x4 versions of the F-150 get an optional 10-speed automatic transmission, aiding in both available power and fuel economy. Additionally, a new STX appearance package is available this year along with a few new exterior colors.